1. News
  2. Sports
  3. Jonny Manziel supports Reggie Bush in getting Heisman back

Jonny Manziel supports Reggie Bush in getting Heisman back

featured
Share

Share This Post

or copy the link

[ad_1]

Manziel posted about it to X on Saturday, saying, it doesn’t “sit right with my morals and values that he can’t be on that stage with us every year.”

HOUSTON — It’s tradition for past Heisman Trophy winners to stand on stage when the new winner is announced. Former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, who won the Heisman in 2012, said he won’t be among them going forward until another former Heisman Trophy winner gets his award back.

Manziel posted to X on Saturday morning that he’s boycotting the annual ceremony honoring college football’s top player until Reggie Bush gets the Heisman Award, which was stripped from him back in 2010.

Manziel said Bush losing his award didn’t sit right with his morals and values and that the former USC running back deserved to be on the stage with the others every year.

Bush won the Heisman in 2005, but then in 2010, the NCAA stripped him of the award, saying that while playing at the University of Southern California, he accepted money and gifts from a potential agent. Last year, Bush said he was planning to sue the NCAA for defamation, according to CBS News.

KHOU 11 on social media: Facebook | X | Instagram | YouTube




[ad_2]

Source link

0
joy
Joy
0
cong_
Cong.
0
loved
Loved
0
surprised
Surprised
0
unliked
Unliked
0
mad
Mad
Jonny Manziel supports Reggie Bush in getting Heisman back
Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Login

To enjoy 9News privileges, log in or create an account now, and it's completely free!

Follow Us