[ad_1]
FA hand Arteta response extension
Mikel Arteta has been handed an extension by the FA to respond to his charge for comments after Arsenal’s defeat to Newcastle.
The Gunners boss was furious after Anthony Gordon’s goal was allowed to stand at St James Park earlier this month, labelling it an “absolute disgrace” in his post-match press conference as he hit out at the “embarrassing” officiating.
It was confirmed last week that Arteta had been charged by the FA, and initially had until Tuesday to respond. That has now been extended to this Friday, November 24.
Arteta was backed by Arsenal following his rant, with the club “wholeheartedly” supporting his comments in a statement released the following day, and the Spaniard has had little interest in backing down since then.
Arsenal will not face punishment for their response, but Arteta could face a touchline ban after his charge.
William Gallas slams summer signing
Former Arsenal star William Gallas has slammed the club’s decision to buy Kai Havertz.
He told Genting Casino: “I said at the beginning of the season that Havertz would struggle for Arsenal.
“I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but he is still struggling.
“I think it was always going to be difficult for Havertz to adapt to the way that Arsenal play and the way that Arteta wants to use him.
“I don’t think he was the type of player that Arsenal needed to sign in the summer.
“When you look at the squad, in my opinion, there were different types of players that they should have prioritised.
“It looks like it was a mistake to sign him.”
Arsenal told to sign England star
Mikael Silvestre also believes his former side should be trying to sign Crystal Palace and England star Marc Guehi.
He told bettingexpert: “I think Marc Guehi is doing really well at the moment and for sure, Arsenal should be, for him personally, an objective.”
“Champions League, title contenders. Could be Arsenal or could be other teams in the PL or abroad.”
“He has definitely proven he’s on the rise.”
[ad_2]
Source link